I am currently a Senior Member of Technical Staff on the End User team at Delphix in Redwood City, CA. I come from a full-stack background, but have a primary focus on modern front-end technologies. My primary experiences are with AngularJS, Angular (2+), and React with working knowledge of .NET MVC, Node.js, and Java.email@example.com | https://github.com/austin94
Bachelor of Science - Software Engineering. Graduated Spring 2016.
- Graduated with a degree in Computer Science - Software Engineering with a minor in Business.
- Focus in scalable web and mobile technologies.
- Vice-President, RLC Chairman, Homecoming, and Recruitment Chairman of the Kansas State Chapter of the Delta Chi Fraternity.
- 1st place in the CIS Department and 2nd overall in Engineering for developing a web-based responsive recruitment display for the Spring 2014 Engineering Open House.
Kansas State University Hackathon sponsored by Major League Hacking
- Won first place and were picked as a 'Staff Favorite' by DevPost.com
- Created system to support text messaging with personal contacts on Amazon Echo devices.
- Used node.js, AWS Lambda, AWS Skills Kit, Digital Ocean, and the Ionic Framework to create applications.
- Web-service is available here https://github.com/austin94/TextAlexa
- Mobile Applications are available here https://github.com/austin94/TextAlexa-Mobile
Senior Member of Technical Staff 1. August 2016 - Present
Design and implement front-end solutions for the Delphix DAAS platform.
- Worked with cross-functional teams to convert a large, Flex codebase to Angular 1 for the Delphix Data Virtualization Engine.
- Gave technical talks related to TypeScript and front-end development onsite at Rice University and remotely at Kansas State University.
- Trained resources locally and in Argentina in the Front-End organization
Technologies Used: Angular 1.5.x, Reactive Programming Concepts, TypeScript, Flex, Open ZFS, Java, Node.js, Oracle LiveSource, Postgres
Web-based aviation and fitness applications. May 2015 - August 2015
Created web-based, code analysis tools to streamline development and engineering efficiency
- Developed AngularJS and D3.js based code analysis tools to visualize codebase and find deficiencies
- Create custom Jenkins addon to integrate the web-based visualization tool into their CI environment
- Developed ConnectIQ fitness wearable applications that leveraged the Google Distance Matrix, Places, and Directions API's along with node.js and socket.io to provide real-time directions.
Examine, extend, and create backend .net web applications. August 2014 - July 2016
Automated accounting concepts and created internal and external tools for OEMs and customers
- Created custom web-based solutions to increase department efficiency and decrease dependence on outside resources.
- Work with office and production personnel to create tools that increase their efficiency and profits.
- Developed and managed both front and back-end web applications for public and internal applications.
Technologies Used: VB.net, C#, t-sql, SQL Server Profiler, Infor Smart Office Inventory Management System
Web Development and Software Design. March 2013 - August 2014
Design and develop large-scale, real-time web applications.
- Developed sports management software to help the management and creation of Gymnastics teams and leagues.
- Created a pet weighing kiosk for PetStep (Petco) that collects user and animal data.
- Work with clients and partners to create systems that solve their unique issues.
Web Development and System Administration. December 2013 - August 2014
Develop web applications, recruitment strategies, and maintain existing resources of the Computing and Information Sciences Department at Kansas State University.
- Create web applications that help students manage their information with the University and inside the Department.
- Work with office personnel and recruitment staff to develop new ways to interact with future students and increase enrollment.
- Developed a web based inventory management system using node.js to decrease time spent during state audits.
- Created iOS and Android applications using the Ionic framework to interface with the new inventory system.
Technical Support and System Administration. August 2012 - December 2013
Provided technical support and programming solutions for over 150 counties and offices.
- Operated as a high-level support technician that provided IT support for the Kansas State Research and Extensions offices and University Printing.
- Was able to reduce ticket completion time by 40% by creating and implementing new strategies for local and remote technicians to respond to issues.
- Automated software deployment for new machines to decrease completion times from 2.5 hours to 30 minutes.
Technologies Used: Active Directory, Windows AIK, Python
Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance of Overland Park. Fall 2015.
- Created http://dbsaop.org for the organization
- Created a basic wordpress theme and provided training for staff to actively update their web experience
- Helped with general technology questions including mailing lists